Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
According to the International Energy Agency’s ("IEA") projections, there will 200 million electric vehicles worldwide by 2030, with an exponential growth rate in the coming years. In 2016, new registrations of electric cars hit a new record, with over 750 thousand sales worldwide. With a 29% market share, Norway has incontestably achieved the most successful deployment of electric cars in terms of market share, globally. It is followed by the Netherlands, with a 6.4% electric car market share, and Sweden with 3.4%. The People’s Republic of China, France and the United Kingdom all have electric car market shares close to 1.5%, and rising.
This fundamental evolution in the way we move people and goods creates a broad need for electrical vehicle infrastructure. Public and private networks of charging stations must be built to serve the expanding electric car market. Electrical supply systems must be upgraded, and retail locations, malls, supermarkets and office buildings must prepare to meet the needs of their visitors by offering EV charging services. In time, the charging stations will also become significant revenue source, much as petrol stations are today.
The rise of electric vehicles will also create the need for massive new electrical capacity, much of which will need to come from renewable sources.
DT is ready for the EV revolution, and is helping its clients to be ready too:
ConsultingDT’s expert team provide consulting services to assist companies and retailers, municipalities and governments to plan and prepare for the influx of new electrical vehicles on our roads.
- Financial and technical feasibility studies for charging station networks
- Equipment selection and cost analysis
- Preliminary and executive designs
- Regional and civis EV masterplans
- Readiness reports
- Integration of clean energy into EV charging
- Strategic plans for addressing the EV revolution
Charging station supply and installationDT is both an equipment supplier and speclialized installer for electric vehicle charging stations:
- Full turnkey installations
- Payment Solutions and POS
- Operation and Maintenance
- Broad range of products and solutions for all scales and requirements
- Financed and BOO solutions, including long term public private partnerships
Case studyDT is assisting a global leader in luxury car manufacturing to prepare for the arrival of its first all-electric vehicle launching in 2019
DT is assisting leading car manufacturer in preparing for the its first all electric car, arriving in 2019. The scope of the project covers assessing existing infrastructure, budgeting and designing EV charging infrastructure for 61 locations across 22 countries from South Africa to India, including dealerships, training centers and service centers.
- Analysis of the existing grid connection and determination of free grid connection capacity
- Analysis of current charging infrastructure (if any) and review whether the existing AC charging infrastructure can be upgraded for a charging capacity of 22 kW, including cost estimates
- Locating the DC Charging hardware, feasibility study of grid power upgrades and creation of a cost estimate for the power upgrade, installation and operation of the fast-charging infrastructure in one of 3 different options
- Interfacing with the local grid operators in 22 countries to understand the availability of
- Identify opportunities for installing solar photovoltaic energy at each locations